New Coverage Through Manitoba Health for Physiotherapy
It was recently announced that Manitoba Health will cover up to 6 physiotherapy sessions after a patient has undergone a full or partial knee replacement, or a full hip replacement. The surgery has to have happened on or after January 1, 2023 to qualify for this benefit.
Patients with no private insurance coverage can access this benefit at their first appointment. For patients who do have private insurance there are a couple of ways to access this benefit as well. The first option is to submit the difference of each session to this program. For example, if your plan covers 80% of your physiotherapy treatment, you can then submit the remaining 20% to this program. The other option for patients with private insurance is to use up all of your physiotherapy coverage and then be entitled to six sessions of physiotherapy through this program. If patients are self-submitting their insurance, they will be required to provide proof that private coverage is exhausted before we will be able to bill future sessions to this program.
Don't hesitate to give Healthview a call if you have any questions! Our office phone number is (204) 885-5864 and our online booking portal can be accessed here.
Alter G for Post Surgery Rehab
A unique option we have here at Healthview is the Alter G Anti-Gravity Treadmill. The Alter G Treadmill is an innovative new way for individuals to improve their lifestyles, and stay fit and healthy. The Alter G lessens the stress on joints by reducing gravities impact by selecting any weight between 20% and 100% of your body weight by 1% increments. Because of these unique unweighing capabilities the Alter G allows you to walk or run with no pain while maintaining a normal gait. This is a favourite of our therapists when it comes to post hip or knee surgery rehab!